Friday 22 January 2010

Installing 32 bit Adobe Reader 9 to a 64 bit Ubuntu 9.04

Hi,

M Back again.

I wanted to install the Abode acrobat on my ubuntu 9.04. Checked the site, it had only i386 version of Acrobat in the Deb format. It is really bad on their behalf.

So tried to install the i386 version on to my 64 bit machine and it displayed many errors.

So had to use a proper option with the dpkg command to install the 32 bit version.

dpkg -i --force-architecture AdbeRdr9.2-1_i386linux_enu.deb

And it installed properly.

I do not understand one thing ,linux community wants it to be more fexible than windows, then why differentiate between 32bit and 64bit binaries and create a problem for the users who want to install the 32 bit programs on the 64 bit machine.

They have to find a solution for this. Comman man can not use linux unless such problems are removed or handled properly.

Bye for now, I will be back again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment