Friday 29 January 2010

Installing Ubuntu Remix

Hi,

M back.
Yesterday i decided to install ubuntu remix. I wanted to test the new operating system. The installation is pretty cool and easy. I think ubuntu is improving at a very fast rate. Now a days when i see ubuntu , I feel peace of mind. If at all you will ask me in my sleep, about what OS i am experimenting with, i would say the word Ubuntu.

You have to just click on next button and the installation will be fine. Only step that can be confusing is when it ask you to install completely on the hard disk or let it install with the other OS. I selected it to be installed with other os. My other os was also Ubuntu. It installed nicely , but when i rebooted the system, the grub loader did not recognised my previous os and displayed some error on the screen, I still have to correct the problem. But i think Ubuntu remix has some flaw in it , as it overwrote my grub and messed with it.

I further booted ubuntu remix. Nice fast boot and very nice interface.



The ubuntu remix is a very mature OS with all the basic functions that you want. But a stripped down version of Ubuntu 9.10.

I checked with it, it used very minimum ram and is very cleverly designed by not including the menu system in it. It detected my all system devices properly. No problem in using wireless lan and also i think it is using less of my laptop's battery.


I am still experimenting with it, more updates after i complete my experiments.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment